How to Bypass Lock Screen on iOS 12 via iCloud
The Apple iCloud service can also be used to bypass the lock screen on iOS 12 devices. Although it will take relatively a long time for you to be able to remove the lock on your iDevice’s screen, this method works just fine. With the Find My iPhone feature, you will be able to bypass the screen lock on your device.
Step 1: Visit icloud.com on your computer or any other device and then login using your Apple ID and password.
Step 2: Choose “Find iPhone” there.
Step 3: Click on “All Devices” located at the top of the browser.
Step 4: Choose your device from the list provided and then click on Erase iPhone. this will wipe the password along with all the data and settings on your device.
Pay Attention to the Limits:
- You must have your Apple ID and passcode.
- Your iPhone must have a reliable internet connection.
- The Find My iPhone feature must be enabled on your device otherwise you will not be able to bypass the screen lock.
Methods That Don’t Work to Bypass Lock Screen on iOS 12
There are plenty of methods recommended online claiming to bypass iPhone lock screen, but almost all of them are ineffective. Here are some of them:
- Making a fake emergency call on older iOS versions, which is not effective for iOS 10/11/12.You may also like: Gihosoft iPhone Data Recovery
- Must Read: Gihosoft Free Android Data Recovery
- Deleting the passcode file form the iPhone’s keychain directory using iExplorer or the iPhone browser.
- Using Find My iPhone passcode look tool to set a new passcode.
- Using Siri to bypass screen lock and get into iPhone without entering password, which is available only on old iOS versions.
Way 3: Hack iPhone Passcode with Emergency Call
Most people may not familiar with this easy passcode unlocking trick, but it’s really a convenient way to remove iPhone passcode without restore or losing data.
- On the lock screen, click “Emergency” from the left corner.
- Now type some random numbers and tap on the call icon. Repeat the typing and then click “Cancel”.
- Press the home button and your device will open without requiring password.
In iOS 12, iPhone X owners gain the option of adding an alternate appearance in Face ID. If you’re a drag queen, if you regularly wear protective head and face gear for your job, or if you’re Bono and you’d like to be able to use your iPhone for that one hour a day that your doctor recommends you remove your sunglasses, an alternate appearance will help your iPhone recognize you.
Setting up an alternate appearance in Face ID in iOS 12 is as easy as adding extra fingerprints to Touch ID. First, head to the correct spot in the Settings app: Settings > Face ID & Passcode. You’ll need to enter your passcode to authenticate.
Under the top section, you’ll see a line that reads, Set Up an Alternate Appearance. Tap that, and you’ll be taken to the standard Face ID setup sequence, just like when you first got the iPhone X. Just tap Get Started and follow along.