When you discuss about traditional port based protections, this strong tool of next generation firewall takes it a whole new level and structure. It doesn’t permit any intrusion from the traffic coming from “HTTP”, “HTTPS” or similar other ports. The fact is the so called “Application Signatures” now can identify the traffic on a much more minute level eliminating the risk of any threat or hack of data security in any form.
Majority of the network administrators love to work with these advanced firewalls is it gives them the independence to pick and choose control over all aspects of their site whether they wish to allow access or block the access for different kinds of users. Such flexibility was always a dream but now is true, all because of the development of next generation firewall appliance.
To get a clearer idea, relate to the popular website “Facebook”! Network administrators now have an option to block the usage of Facebook messaging feature while keeping the Facebook website on. Hence all the network users can still use Facebook but cannot indulge on messaging. This was not possible earlier but now this kind of flexible ways can be thought off easily.
Why one should upgrade to next generation firewall than the traditional ones?
Traditional Firewall is:
- Redundant in nature.
- It is not capable of blocking malware
- Also it cannot indulge in deep packet inspection
- Even it is risky for application data and storage exposures
Hence, you may say that earlier firewalls have holes in them and cannot protect against attacks that are getting common in 2017. Only next-generation firewall vendors can help you choose the best tool for your peace of mind.
Besides the weaknesses of traditional firewalls, let us now put some light over the positive strengths of the next generation firewall technique:
- You can actually get a highly comprehensive solution with it.
- It provides very flexible deployment options.
- Solid support is extended
- It currently has a very strong market presence all over.
- The return on investment is very good. You can get good value in return for the money spent on implantation.
- This advanced tool is the trendsetter of today’s industry.
- Another good point is it allows centralized management and supervision
- Flexibility from all ways like hardware, software and virtual appliance deployment methods is possible.
IPS which stands for Intrusion Prevention Systems and Deep Packet Inspection needs to be integrated into thefirewall for added protection in today’s network scenario.
If you are working in a huge enterprise or business house or maybe you have a small startup setup, it’s a necessity to invest in next generation firewall in initial phases only as you never know what strikes your system at any moment and then you have no option left than simply moaning on your carelessness of delaying firewall setup.
With the added advanced firewall, you would enjoy added security, hence performance would be improved and even cost would be lowered in long run.